Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My 55th B-Day and a Move

Today I turned 55. Double nickel as my hubby would say :)
Big changes happening. We are moving from Northern Virginia ( Lovettsville ) to Boulder, Colorado, for at least a few years. We will rent out our house here, and just rent in Boulder. My brother Scot and his wife and family all live in Colorado. My mother and another brother lives in AZ, and yet another brother and his family lives in Southern California. We are excited about the change, but it's also a little intimidating ....starting a new life in another town. I love our neighbors here. I will really miss the everyday rhythms of the seasons on this spot of the planet, but Colorado will have it's own.
The birding will be very different. But the geology will be awesome !
Just wanted to "check in " and start blogging again...I miss it.
Two books arrived in the mail today, for my birthday...the new Crossley ID Guide, and Zen Birding. The Crossley Guide is the next step in the evolution of bird guides...the author and photographer has combined many positions and proximity shots of birds and even placed them in typical scenery, all on one page, along with a map for each bird. Fantastic ! It weighs in at 3lbs. 13oz, so we won't be taking in the field, but it will be great in the car or back at the house, cabin or cottage. Sally, Laureen and I will give it a workout while up in Point Pelee, Canada, next month !

No comments: